Saturday 18 June 2016

My musical life

One evening when I was 16 or so, a normal nonsensical fight with my mother made me rush into my room with a strong urge to shut the door hard. ( Only urge because if I had done in real ,it would ve dire consequences lol) I was in tears as I entered my dark room. However , just because of casual natural habit I switched on my radio before I put the lights on. And there it was.. a song playing on the radio which I had longed for months. In a fraction of second I forgot my tears and hurried to pick my writing pad and pen ; which by the way used to be always next to my radio for such emergencies. I started to pen down the lyrics of the song like some short hand expert!  😂 When the song finished I started practising the song and by then I could hardly even remember that I was crying before. Such has been my madness for music! 😃

Those days there were no internet sites or YouTube where ready lyrics or songs were available to access. Hence, I used to have books and files with lyrics of hundreds of Bollywood songs written down with utmost dedication. It's my labour of love and a  valuable treasure. Being the only child I should have felt lonely at times. But somehow a part of it was filled by few dear friends and rest by music. Music taught me to enjoy my solitude. Most of the times there is background music playing in my head for all kind of absurd situations I am forced to face.. good or bad. Like when someone is torturing me I am playing "tera emotional athyachar" or when elated I am playing "aaj me upar aasman niche" in my head. Well yes, I am pretty much self entertained. 😋 When I am low, I listen to melancholic ghazals of my favourite jagjitji and cry my heart out pushing out all the heaviness inside me finally feeling rejuvenated. It's therapy for me! I even sing myself to sleep when stressed out. If someone was to tell me I have 10 minutes left to die , I would just listen to one of my fav songs and die with peace and joy in my heart.

Not much has changed since I was 16; rather, my relationship with music has grown mature with time. Even today I collect lyrics like my 16 year old self (procedural change with technology 😁) and can't concentrate on anything until I finish learning a song which I badly want to. This madness for music makes my normal life crazily special and worth living.

Glad to have a prized possession which can never leave my side and will accompany me forever!  
😇

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. Very true .. music is life.. when nothing helps music is "The Saviour"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Music is my soul too. It has always been my life as well," . Even Being far away 4m u these write ups are keeping me near to u .it feels like Delhi days.keeping going ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😍😘😘 we find one or the other way to keep each other near 😉

      Delete
  3. "Music is my soul too. It has always been my life as well," . Even Being far away 4m u these write ups are keeping me near to u .it feels like Delhi days.keeping going ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tera emotional athyachar' playing in the background when someone' torturing? Haha, now I know how you stay detached and unaffected by such stuff. :D Music for me is a beautiful medium which opens me up to all those dormant deep emotions sleeping somewhere peacefully in a corner of my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.. even feelings we are unaware of come surging.. n yes u got my secret now..he he..😋

      Delete