Wednesday 18 May 2016

When life sucks..

Few days ago I had so much to write. My thoughts were flowing incessantly and it was difficult for me to pin down a certain thing among many in my head. Then suddenly came a string of failures in my life. What was definite according to me became a fantasy in a fraction of second. It's painful to deal with failure when you know it's your fault, atleast partially. But its mind numbing when you are not even responsible for it. It is challenging  already to convince people that you deserve success but to maintain the self confidence that you are still worthy is the bigger challenge in a crisis. So with the state of mind of a tragedy movie and the melancholy feel of jagjit singh songs in my head ,my thoughts were in a never ending abyss when I saw the interview of one of the few individuals I really tremendously look up to -Anurag Kashyap !

This brilliant man at the starting of his career had made 3 films but were not releasing due to censorship for several years. But he made it through all that and gave us Black Friday, Gulaal, Dev D, Gangs of wasseypur. I am not much a fan of dark films and sometimes can't even handle his way of portraying violence, but I am a great admirer of his cinema and his undying passion for it. Last year ,he had given us Bombay velvet - his dream project for a decade with a massive budget never attempted by him before, which later happened to become a commercial flop. Well,worst part didn't end there. Along with loosing his money and a part of his confidence this man was surrounded by an industry which was sadistically happy about it. But instead of sulking in it ,he found his flaws soon, accepted it and is already prepared to showcase his next venture this year. What made this happen was that he didn't let the failure suck him up inside.

Similar phase comes in everyone's life. When you hit rock bottom you really don't ve anything to loose. All that needs to be done is that you shouldn't let those negative draining thoughts to pull you down and let them sink and drown you, but just go ahead and believe in yourself no matter what. Keep doing what you want to do. One day or the other the world will notice and applaud ! Even if not , you will be peaceful and happy!  😃

4 comments: